In early 2014, Rocco Dispirito released a new plan he calls the Pound a Day Diet to bookstores. This review is going to help clarify if this plan is worth your time. He has written books on dieting before, but this is his most recent.
How the Pound a Day Diet works:
You buy specific foods listed, make meals based on recipes provided and follow the diet plan. If done correctly, on average you can lose about 1 pound everyday as the book promises, that’s about it. The good news is that there are is A LOT of variety in this diet because there will be a lot of foods you’ll have to buy which is good/bad. Good because it won’t get boring and many of the foods and recipes are delicious. As for the bad, well, we’ll get to that in a moment since there are a number of concerns with this plan, particularly:
1. Serving sizes: Meal preparations are designed to feed about 4 people. If you are a single dieter planning on trying the Pound a Day diet, it’s better to either divide up the preparation directions into 4, which is going to get a little annoying, mathematically or try to get other people to do it with you like friends or family. There’s no way you’ll be able to eat all the food you’re going to make.
2. Difficulty finding some foods: There are going to be a lot of foods listed in the book that are going to be hard to find. Things such as shirataki noodles & monk fruit. Personally I’ve never heard of these foods and odds very few if any stores in your area are going to carry these things. You’ll most likely be able to find online, but there will be a number of foods you’ll have to prepare which leads to the next point…
3. It’s going to get expensive: That is an understatement. It’ll likely cost you a few $100 to buy all of the foods, and that’s just for week 1. The shopping list is going to be huge. Yes there is a variety, but it will come with a price, literally. If you can’t afford to buy all of these foods, then this diet may not be for you.
- You can lose up to 1 pound a day.
- Lots of variety in what you can eat.
- A lot of tasty meals.
- Pricey to buy everything.
- Difficult to find certain foods.
- Serving sizes meant for 4 people.
The Pound a Day Diet Score
2.5 stars out of 5. You can lose weight fast, but it’s very expensive to do. See #1 rated diet.
Conclusions & if you should try this plan:
This is one of the shortest reviews I’ve ever done on a plan and the reason being is that there really isn’t that much to explain except the basics which are this: Yes it works fast, but it’s expensive. That’s really the best way to describe the diet.
But if there were more to say, it would be this: There is A LOT of variety in this diet and you will certainly be eating and trying out new foods you’ve likely never tried in your life which is great if you’re into that, but all of these things will cost money and a lot of the products will not be easy to get. If you have any type of food allergies, you can omit certain foods of the lists, but even then it’s still going to come out to be a very long list which again translates into a high bill.
Should you try this plan? My answer would be no. And the main reason why is because I believe there are better, much less expensive ways to lose 1 pound everyday and this diet does it and in some cases gets better results. Plus it’s very expensive to try this one.
If you’re seeking fast results, you can still try the original plan and see how it works out for you, but I believe this is a bad investment since sooner or later you will stop doing it and all those foods you purchased will go to waste. I say save your money and focus on better alternatives. What do you think of this diet?