Around 3 months ago, I met with my mother who introduced me to Iaso Tea. She found out about it through her dentist who was selling her a pack of it for 1 month. Her main interest in it was losing weight and seeing if it’s other claims were true. She ended up trying it for 2 1/2 months and still drinks it.
This will be a review of Iaso tea, how much pounds she lost and if the other health benefits claimed by this product were true or not. If there is any question you have about this drink, it will be found here.
What is Iaso Tea?
It is a mixture of different herbal products in a bag. Each of those ingredients is supposed to be very health to drink.
- You can get 8 bags of this in 1 pack.
- 1 pack is enough to last for 1 month and each bag is meant to be mixed with hot water to create the beverage and then mixed with cold water to be used for drinking.
- Each bag can make 3 liters so in total you get 24 liters when this product is ready to use, for 1 month.
- My mother drank 2-3 cups a day, during breakfast, lunch and usually before dinner. I’ll explain how much pounds she lost below.
What are the ingredients in Iaso tea and what are their health benefits?
There’s 9 ingredients inside this product. You can see a long description of their health benefits and uses from the official pdf but the general benefits are:
- This product works like a cleanse and detox.
- It provides your body with more energy.
- There are anti aging benefits and you may have clearer skin.
- There is finally the weight loss benefit. The product my mother got said she would be able to lose about 5 pounds in about 5 days.
Basically by drinking this, you are supposed to get healthier.
What does it taste like?
It almost tastes like a lighter version of green tea. The more you mix it with water, the lighter it’ll taste.
So what were my mother’s results with this product. Did she lose any pounds?
Here is what my mother experienced while drinking this product compared to the claims:
- She did feel like she was detoxing because she ran to the bathroom a lot more often. This product does have an ingredient that works like a laxative.
- Energy-wise, she did feel more of it, especially after drinking it during breakfast.
- For anti aging, she did claim to feel and see smoother skin (she’s over 50). Some of the herbs inside the bag are supposed to help circulate and freshen the blood.
But did she lose any pounds!?
Unfortunately no. This is the one major area that didn’t meet the demand for her.
From the moment she told me about this product to her consistently drinking it everyday for over 2 months, I did not notice any difference in the way she looked. She also confirmed that nothing changed and the scale said the same thing.
Usually detox products like this one are supposed to help you drop several pounds. If there’s better digestion and better circulation, there’s supposed to be better metabolism, and that in theory is supposed to make you lose weight, but it did not happen here.
I also went to see if other people experienced the same thing. On Amazon, a lot of people who tried the Iaso beverage also confirmed the benefits my mother had, but also said that there was very little and even no weight loss after trying it.
From doing detox diets and trying different products like the Almighty Cleanse, Mag07 and even a regular cleanse, you can never get maximum results or even minor ones from just taking the product and eating normally.
Maybe there was an ingredient missing in Iaso Tea. Oh I know…actual dieting!
You always have to diet in some way, otherwise the product isn’t going to help. Everyone wants to eat the way they love and expect that some magic pill or drink is going to make the extra pounds go away, it won’t!
I have said with other products that are supposed to be used with a diet like Garcinia Cambogia Extract that it makes no sense to try the product when a regular diet alone is enough.
- If you diet with the product, you’ll lose weight.
- If you diet without it, you’ll still lose some pounds.
- If you just try the product without dieting, you probably may not lose a lot of weight.
Final Score: Iaso Tea.
3 stars out of 5. For general health, this beverage is good as well as being a substitute for regular tea. But it’s not a weight loss solution.
Conclusions on Iaso Tea:
There are definitely some healthy herbs within each bag and if you drink them long term, you may probably feel better and look better. For my mother, most of the benefits this beverage claimed to have were true, except the pounds she was supposed to lose.
This product costs $45 for a 1 month supply. If you want to try it but can’t afford it, there’s general, money saving substitutes you can use to try and get it’s results:
For general cleansing, without having to worry about dieting, drink less stuff with sugar and try to drink more water. Water is the best ingredient for cleansing the body.
You can also buy the ingredients inside Iaso tea separately and just make your own beverage from them. I for example, love to make a ginger beverage.
While there are definitely people who probably do lose weight drinking Iaso tea, there’s also people who don’t, including my mother. If you want to lose weight and don’t want to risk $45 trying this tea, you should just try a diet, but one that works very well.
I don’t like any normal diets (too many yo-yo possibilities) and always recommend one that is really fast, minimally difficult and drops a lot of pounds. In this case, I have an actual alternative that is also a tea, but one that works incredibly well:
The Iaso beverage itself is not a bad product to try, but I don’t think it’s suitable for weight loss. For better skin, more energy, yes.